Since we wrote about Mingo Creek yesterday, we figure we should take the time to highlight upcoming events in Fred Smith’s Wake County, NC active adult communities. Find out about town happenings, fitness schedules and school events.
What’s Happening Near Mingo Creek
- The Knightdale Recreation Center will holding pottery classes on March 19 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. This 9-week class costs $80.
- If you like to play bridge, come out for a game at the Knightdale Recreation Center’s Bridge Club. The club meets every Tuesday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
What’s Happening Around Hedingham
- The Hedingham Neighborhood Watch Meeting will take place the fourth Thursday of every month at the Willow Oak Club house. You can find out about ways to keep your family safe and learn about neighborhood crime statistics (Alex Spiro knows more on the subject). It starts at 7 p.m.
- If you feel like taking an aerobics class, why not see what’s happening at Hedingham. The following schedule is for the month of March:
|Carbon Core @ 9:30 am||Sampler @ 9 am||Get Fit @ 9:30 am||Sampler @ 9 am|
|Kickboxing @ 5:30 pm||Yoga @ 7 pm||Zumba @ 7 pm||Rock Hard @ 6 pm|
|Zumba @ 7 pm|
Wake County School Events
- East Wake Middle School will have an open house on Thursday, March 14 for rising sixth graders starting at 6:30 p.m.
- The East Wake Middle Softball team will be playing a home game on March 14.
- Knightdale High School will be holding a Red Cross blood drive on March 20.
- Wilburn Elementary will be holding an Awards Day for Tracks 1-3 on March 28.
- High school students should check out the Greater Raleigh College Fair on March 19 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Be sure to pre-register so you can learn about universities in the area. The fair will take place at the Raleigh Convention Center.