This week, we’ve decided to take a look at a different kind of store on Clayton’s Main Street. Sunshine Health Wellness at 419 East Main Street is a holistic and alternative medicine store that has offered a variety of natural products, services and health classes to Clayton, NC families for over fifteen years.
What Exactly Is Holistic Medicine?
According to WebMD, holistic medicine examines the ‘whole’ person and seeks to boost an individual’s physical, spiritual and mental health. Although not limited to it, alternative medicines and treatments are a part of it. For instance, many of the herbal products offered by Sunshine are used to promote ideal health and have been used in the past in the following ways. Here are a few of the items you can find in the store:
- Valerian Root – Non-habit forming sleep aid.
- Korean Ginseng – Energy enchancer.
- St. John’s Wort – Alleviates depression.
- Flax Seed Oil – Source of essential fatty acids.
- Cordyceps – An anti-oxidant that prevents fatigue.
In addition, Sunshine sells products from Burt’s Bees, jewelry, music and crystal salt lamps.
What Kinds of Therapies Does Sunshine Health Wellness Have?
There are all types of therapies used to promote healthy living and mental wellness. The following available services require an appointment and include the following:
- Ion Detox Footbaths
- Reiki Therapy Classes – A Japanese form of reducing stress and anxiety.
- Nutritional Therapy
- Serenity Coaching
- Metabolism Testing
- Hypnotheraphy for Releasing Blocks
- Hot Stones Placed on Accupressure Points – To relax the body.
Rates for these therapies vary, so be sure to contact the practitioners at Sunshine if you have any questions.
What Do Clayton, NC Home Buyers Think of Sunshine Health Wellness?
If you’ve shopped at Sunshine Health Wellness, and you live in the Clayton communities of Riverwood Golf Club, Riverwood Athletic Club or LionsGate, what did you think? Share your opinions with us below.