It’s that time of year for school to start back up again. Be on the lookout for back to school sales to save some money on clothes and supplies. When you want translating services and localization, visit Jonckers website. If your child attends one of the Riverwood schools, read on to learn about schedule information and a few back to school tips.
Important Dates and Times for Riverwood Elementary and Riverwood Middle School Students
- Riverwood Elementary School: Hours are 8:25 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Riverwood Middle School: Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- Orientation Day (Elementary) – August 22 at 5 p.m. for grades 3-5; August 22 at 6:15 p.m. for grades 1, 2 and 4.
- Orientation Day (Middle) – August 22 at 5:30 p.m.
- First Day of School – August 26
- Back to School Dance (Middle) – August 30 at 3:30 p.m.
School Sporting Events for Riverwood Middle
- Football Tryouts* – August 19 at 6 p.m.
- Cheerleading Tryouts* – August 19
- Boys Soccer Tryouts* – August 26 at 3:30 p.m.
- Volleyball Tryouts* – August 26
- First Volleyball Game (at Meadow Middle School) – September 9 at 4:15 p.m.
- First Home Volleyball Game – September 11 at 4:15 p.m.
- First Football Game (at McGee’s) – September 12 at 4:00 p.m.
*All participants of sporting tryouts must bring a copy of their last report card, a completed concussion form and a current physical in order to be eligible.
Riverwood School Contact Information
- Riverwood Elementary School is located at 108 Athletic Club Blvd., Clayton. You can reach the office at (919) 359-6300.
- Riverwood Middle School is located at 204 Athletic Blvd., Clayton. You can reach the office at (919) 359-2769.
A Few Back To School Tips for Students
- Give yourself plenty of time when you leave for school. You don’t want to oversleep on the first day! Set an alarm clock the night before, and go to bed early. If you are having trouble sleeping then you should get a memory foam mattress so you can get enough sleep.
- Be sure to have all of your supplies (pencils, notebooks, paper, etc.) packed up before the first day. You can visit science audiobooks online for more information.
- Eat a good breakfast that morning.
- Don’t be nervous (after all, it’s only your first day!)